Hurry, hurry, hurry! Get your shot process ready for Indoor Nationals! That’s right, it’s the big push for Indoor Nationals preparation. You’ve had a couple months to reset your rig for the tedious 18m and 25m distances and it’s time to really fine tune your shot. But, do you really need to “Hurry, hurry, hurry?” Can you really “hurry” this process? And, should it really be that different from your outdoor process? Let’s look at that…
What goes on outdoors that doesn’t indoors? Well, how about one word; WEATHER! Heat, cold, wind, rain, sun, clouds, bugs, sunblock, bug spray, grass, the list is seemingly endless. Does your shot cycle change with these factors? The wind will push you around. The sun and clouds will mess with the lighting on the targets downrange, the bugs will bug you, the rain will make your string slower and your arrows fly lower. But, should you shot process really be that different? With any shot, your process should follow these general steps:
· Nock an arrow
· Set bow hand
· Assess the conditions & adjust for the factors listed above
· Raise your bow arm, string arm follows
· Draw back to anchor
· Transfer tension to your back
Looking at this list, the only step that may not apply indoors is the 3rd since there’s no weather indoors. Other than that, your shot process is the same.
Congratulations to Nazh Macalandong, Emma Schaefer and Megan McDonough for their acceptance to the RED (Regional Elite Development) Program! They had their first RED camp in Michigan right after New Year’s and learned tons! They will attend up to 4 camps per year and represent CBH JOAD and the RED Team in exemplary fashion. Be sure to congratulate them on this accomplishment and next step in their archery journey!
Pin Shoot Achievements: Congratulations to all those who received their achievement pins at the January pin shoot:
Alice Lee 7th Pin CBH JOAD Pin Shoot 1/9/20
Chase Coudreaut 7th Pin CBH JOAD Pin Shoot 1/9/20
Ethan Cristobal 7th Pin CBH JOAD Pin Shoot 1/9/20
Joe Gillmore 6th Pin CBH JOAD Pin Shoot 1/9/20
Kyler Gao 4th Pin CBH JOAD Pin Shoot 1/9/20
Lydia Staubus 6th Pin CBH JOAD Pin Shoot 1/9/20
Nazh Macalandong Silver Olympian NSAC Pin Shoot
Olivia Artz National Barebow Record Strictly Archery Cabin Fever
1. Please remember that classes now start at 6:30PM and 7:30PM. Be sure to arrive at least 30 minutes early to your session to ensure that you have enough time to put your equipment together and do warm-ups as a class. Classes will not run past an hour, so if we start late, that means less class time for everyone. Please be respectful of your teammates’ and your coaches’ time.
2. As our program grows, space during indoor season becomes very tight. Please be mindful of the space you take up in the gathering room. Assemble your bows quickly and store your bags/cases as quickly as possible in order to make room for the next person.
3. Members of Class 2, please do not bring your bow into the range until Class 1 has been dismissed. We want to make sure that each class get their full, uninterrupted time.
4. Members of Class 1, please be sure to gather your bows and accessories and leave the range after class in a timely manner. Again, we want to make sure we can start Class 2 on time and give them their full, uninterrupted time.
JOAD Achievement Pin shoots are back at CBH for the indoor season on the second Thursday of each month. Coach Gabe will send out an email before each pin shoot as a registration reminder.
Field, 3D & Other Club Shoots – See CBH Shoot Schedule (Here)
Upcoming Local, State & National Events
Shoot Name Date(s) Location